Buttondown updates from April
Hello hello! I hope you had a lovely April.
No big headline features this month, as I spend most of my time building out automations. (Interested in giving them a test run? Reply to this email!)
Instead, lots of small-ish improvements that I'm quite proud of:
- Your newsletter is now 3x faster
- Search results are less terrible to navigate
- Auto-generated preheaders/descriptions, courtesy of ChatGPT
- Support for Tiktok and Spotify embeds in your emails
In May, you can expect:
- Support for automations. Whether you want to call them "drip sequences" or "welcome sequences" or "activations" or whatever, the ability to send one or more emails to a subscriber in response to an event (say, a new tag or a premium subscription) has been by far the biggest request over the past few years.
- Improvements to automatic share images, which was also on the docket for April but then I got distracted by other, shinier things.
Please shower us with praise and admiration on Product Hunt
Do you like Buttondown? Do you want other people to like Buttondown? Please consider writing a review on Product Hunt! (If you do this, I promise I will send you a hand-written card with a picture of my corgi as way of thanks,)
Buttondown owes its existence to you, dear reader. I work on the things that make sense because enough users tell me about them; Buttondown has grown not because of any VC-subsidized marketing blitz but because people like it enough to tell other people to give it a shot.
If you think there's something that needs to be improved — or, even better, if there's just something you wish was improved — reply to this email because I want to hear more!